SCHOOL CONSTRUCTION BOND UPDATE II, Dec 2018
Hurray!! At the school board meeting on Tuesday evening, Dec 18, board members decisively elected to construct the long-awaited Multi-purpose/Music Room, which was on the Alternate list of the recent re-bid for the 2017 Bond Construction. The completion of the music wing has the support of many in our music-loving Orcas community. MAG would like to thank the school music supporters who once again voiced their unwavering support in this re-bid process. Read more..
NEWS FROM FALL 2018:
We are excited for a new year of school music that is enriching, and inspiring, for all our kids, from kindergarten through high school. Yay for you, yes YOU!!! In 2017-18, donors like you helped MAG to provide over $19,000 in contributions, including: (Read more)
- Annual contribution of $8,000 for general Music Department needs that helped fund the Seattle Symphony trip.
- A new string bass, a stool, and storage rack for cellos
- A set of orchestral chimes
- 6 Chromebook laptops and the SmartMusic software program that facilitates practice excellence.
- Registration fees for students to attend several invitational music proficiency programs
Let’s make it another great year for our student musicians!
Our signature Spring annual fundraiser is the single largest concert on Orcas island, where over 100 island musicians come together in a show of support for school music that has become an island tradition.
Now, the number of students choosing band and strings is growing tremendously and their performances at competition are winning regional recognition. To reach greater heights, we need your continuing support for the Orcas Island Public School music program.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org